So we have here another texture pack based on the popular nintendo
game ‘Super Mario All stars’. We all love this classic game, and we all
love minecraft. So if you mix these together, you can imagine how cool
the game gets. It uses original features and textures from the Mario
game, and also the creator ‘WiiRool’ has created some brilliant
blocks,items and mobs too that are strikingly similar to features from
the Mario games. He uses flowers from the original games, as well as
cobblestone, vines, and the oh-so infamous Mario ‘shrooms. Another thing
that will definitely beckon many minecraft players are the mobs.
‘WiiRool’ has done an exceptional job making it so that each mob is
given it’s own identity as a Mario character – for instance, the pigs
are made to look like Yoshi and villagers are made to look like Toad.
There are many many different mobs with their own Mario edition
identities! But I’ll leave it to you to discover more and dig deeper
into this texture pack!
There are an equal amount of good things and bad things about this texture pack. Here’s a few I picked out:
- Accurate textures
- Features from the original game
- Each mob has it’s own Mario edition identity
- It re-creates the game in a very similar fashion
- A few glitches, which spoils the experience a bit
- Some textures don’t fit the theme
- The creator should fix numerous blocks so that they don’t appear glitched
- Some blocks appear too bright
In this screenshot you can instantly tell that it promotes a very colourful and fun atmosphere while playing minecraft. Almost every block is colourful and bright but it might not be for everyone, but the whole idea of Super Mario All stars is to be wacky, colourful, bright and fun!
How to install MarioCraft Allstars Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
- Download MarioCraft AllStars Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.5.1 (May require the MCPatcher or Optifine to fully enjoy the texture pack according to the creator, WiiRool)
- Go to your .minecraft folder then to the ‘texturepack’ folder
- Then ‘click’ and drag your downloaded item into the ‘texturepack’ folder
- Start Minecraft, then select MarioCraft Allstars Texture Pack.
- Enjoy playing Minecraft Super Mario AllStars edition!